August 1, 2011

No Signs of The Pianist

Recently I re-listened to our old demos that we did like a year or so ago, and I realised that we have grown musically since then, and I'm talking about our progress since '08 or around that time.

Some of the people- and there aren't many of them, who have listened to our demos would usually think that we're somekinda flowery-pop-powdered-candy-in-your-eyes band, especially if they only listen to Sarah and At The Zoo. The truth is, even though we do play pop music, but if you expect that the rest of our songs are going to be Sarah-like, well, I think you're gonna be disappointed.

We're not musicians- except for Ranggi our bass player, and what I mean by us not being musicians is that we don't have the ability to create similar things in successions, in sound and also perhaps in spirit, you know, the thread that connects all of the songs; somekinda aural unification of the patterned / chaotic noises, whatever that means.

I guess that's because we like to keep things natural, we never pre-meditate our sound or talk about it (with the exception of now) and our sound, our style, take form as we go along, I guess, as we improved musically and mentally.

We don't have any control of the things that we're going to create, well at least I know I don't. The songs are going to reflect on how we felt at the time. There's no formula, no blueprint, no genre restraint, all there is just emotion and limited musical skill.

I guess with us, is that we're dictated by the songs, and not the other way round, and that means we'll be suprised too.

- Gilar

No comments:

Post a Comment