August 11, 2011

The Right Stuff

I've been wanting to change my effect pedals for so long now
Don't know if the rest of the guys are planning to change or upgrade their gears as well

Saras got her Q Chord, a subtitute for my old and frail Omnichord
April is pretty happy with her classic Yamaha PSS 590, although lately she's been wanting to buy a real synth
Yogas upgraded his acoustic guitar,
Ranggi is having some kinda noise problem with his bass, the last time I heard

Anyways, if I have some money, and I'm not talking about the amount to buy vintage amps and guitars here, I'd love to simply upgrade my overdrive and distortion pedal.
the ones I have are too safe for the kind of sound that I'm after.
I used to think that, putting aside guitars and amps, the key to a great sound is through modulation.
For some cases it is, but the more I play, the more I realise that- other than being absolutely clueless and unskilled, I also don't really like playing my guitar with too many layers.
I like it oldskool and raw, but with plenty of reverb of course, and not too much wizzies and zappies; modulation and shit.
I used to love the idea of it, but now I'm beginning to think that those stuff are best reserved for synths.I might change my mind again of course, when I need to.

Fuzz pedals are interesting too, especially the wild and uncontrollable ones,
I'm always attracted with things of that nature, I don't know why.

- Gilar

No comments:

Post a Comment